Before begins, we need to note that we are NOT a Solar Power Installer OR manufacturer. Our strength is in technical fields. We consult our clients with design to meet their energy needs, we recommend the BEST suitable materials to meet design requirements and we suggest the MOST qualified Installer for the job.
The majority of our solar power commerce is from previous clients, business associates, developers, real estate agents, lenders, accountants, property management companies, colleagues, and in some cases insurance companies.
What’s Solar Power?
In basic term, solar power is an alternative electricity option versus what currently has been used. The light energy (photons) from sun generates electricity through the photovoltaic (PV) system. In expanded version, a solar panel, which also call; solar module, photovoltaic module or photovoltaic panel is a packed, connected assembly of photovoltaic cells convert sunlight into Direct Current (DC) power when entire system are engineered and installed correctly. In addition, the solar panel can also be used as a component of larger photovoltaic system to generate and supply electricity in residential, commercial and some industrial applications.
How Does Solar Power Work?
- During the day, the solar panels, which consist of photovoltaic (PV) cells convert sunlight into direct current (DC) power,
- The DC power from solar panels is sent to an inventor, where the power is converted into alternative current (AC) power,
- The AC power travels from inventor to electric panel known as circuits/breakers box. This power NOW is ready to be used instead of initial source (utility company),
- The meter continually measures your electrical supply; when your solar power system generates more power than demand needs, the meter reverses its direction, and accumulating credits with the utility company that will offset next bill.
- The meter remains connected to utility company to supply you with electricity when you need more power than your solar power has generated, such as at night or system failure.
Who Does Install?
Install qualifier MUST be licensed by California State Licensing Board (CSLB) and Certified by the North America Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP).
The majority of modules use wafer-based crystalline silicon cells or thin-film cells based on cadmium telluride or silicon. The structural member of module can be either the top-layer or the back-layer. Cells must also be protected from mechanical damage and moisture. Most solar panels are rigid, but semi-flexible ones are available, based on thin-film cells.
Each panel is rated by its DC output power under standard test conditions, and typically ranges from 100 to 320 watts. The efficiency of panel determines the area of panel given the same rated output – an 8% efficient 230-watt panel will have twice the area of 16% efficient 230 watt panel. Because a single solar panel can produce only limited amount of power, most installations contain multiple panels. A photovoltaic system typically includes an array of solar panels, an inventor and sometimes a battery and/or solar tracker and interconnection wiring.
Trackers – the Solar Trackers increase the amount of energy produced per panel at the cost of mechanical complexity and need for maintenance. They sense the direction of the sun and tilt the panels as needed for maximum exposure to the light.
Fixed-Racks – the Fixed-Racks holds panels stationary as the sun moves across the sky. The Fixed-Rack sets the angle at which the panel is held. Tilt angles equivalent to an installation’s latitude are common. Most of these fixed racks are set on poles above ground.
Ground Mounted – the Ground Mounted solar-power system consists of solar panels held in place by racks or frames that are attached to ground based mounting supports. This type of mounting system is well suited for sites where excavation is not possible such as capped landfills and simplifies decommissioning or relocation of solar panel systems.
Roof Mounted – the Roof Mounted solar power systems consists of solar panels held in place by racks or frames attached to roof based mounting support. This mounting method allows for decommissioning or relocation of solar panel systems with no adverse effect on the roof structure.
Standards generally used in photovoltaic panels:
- IEC 61215 (Crysalline Silicon), IEC 61646 (Thin-Film) and IEC 61730 (All Modules, Safety),
- ISO 9488 Solar Energy,
- UL 1703, UL 1741, UL 2703, (Underwriters Laboratories),
- And other requirements…
Top Ten Solar-Panel Producers
- Suntech (Chinese)
- First Solar (American)
- Sharp Solar (American)
- Yingli (Chinese)
- Trina Solar (Chinese)
- Canadian Solar (Canadian)
- Hanwha Solarone (Chinese)
- Sunpower (American)
- Renewable Energy Corporation (Norway)
- Solarworld (German)
Most of a solar module can be recycled including up to 95% certain semiconductor materials or the glass as well as large amount of ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
When you ready to convert to solar power, please contact us at Support@ISI-Incorp.com and You’ll Be Glad You Did!